AML Representative (Banking)
Wellington St W Toronto, Ontario M5J
Our client, a leading financial institution, is looking for an AML Representative to join their team for a 6-month contract!
Opportunity Number: 62398
Location: Downtown Toronto - Wellington Street West @ York Street
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour (paid weekly) + 4% accrued vacation pay
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
Contract Duration: 6 months
The Global AML Operations Support is accountable for establishing the Global Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing Program (AML/ATF) to ensure that all businesses remain compliant with AML/ATF regulatory expectations in all jurisdictions where the company operates. This includes setting consistent standards across business segments that may be further tailored to specific business or jurisdictional requirements; conducting annual enterprise-wide AML risk assessments; maintaining the Global AML Policy (including Know Your Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence, record keeping & retention requirements); a hierarchy of designated AML officer functions; enterprise-wide and specialized AML training of employees; and independent AML testing.
- This position reports to the Team Lead of GAML Operations Support Demarketing and is responsible for contributing to gathering data support to the Demarketing team. Assesses and prioritizes incoming demarket requests to identify those considered potential risks to TDBG. Also responsible for the full demarketing process by maintaining/updating Case Management System database and preparing information for cases for Analysts before final exit.
- Review of demarket cases for customers who have been identified by other areas within Global Anti-Money Laundering.
- Maintaining and fostering professional and productive relationships with Business partners.
- Ability to use a multitude of TD Bank Group systems to identify all customer accounts/services
- Assist with the development/implementation of action plans for any issues, deficiencies or questions that require remediation
- Monitor and review alerts produced by the Norkom Deny list.
- Prioritize and manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines and ensure quality and efficiency
- Ability to develop, maintain and build positive relationships with partners while demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Assists with the assessment of the Quality Controls in place within AML
- Promote and support a positive work environment that encourages innovation, creativity, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Accountable for basic review of incoming files and initial analysis for case preparation.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of bank procedures, products and systems to assist gathering information and case preparation.
- Ensure strong understanding of risks that may impact our business partners and ensure issues are communicated in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the team by sharing information, issues/points of interest, knowledge and lessons learned on a regular basis.
- General PC skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and report generation as well as knowledge of other Mainframe applications and systems
- Possesses strategic thinking, planning and relationship skills
- Strong written communication skills, including drafting e-mails and other correspondence within the company
- Ability to balance changing priorities and sponsor needs
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, deadline focused environment
- Excellent research and organizational skills
- Ability to understand and interpret basic regulation and policies
- AML 2-5 years related experience is preferred
- Undergraduate degree is an asset
- ACFCS and /or CAMS designation considered an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: BMRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.