Warehouse Supervisor - Days Only
1900 Derry Road East Mississauga, ON L5S 1Y6
Position: Warehouse Supervisor – Days Only
Hours: 7:30 to 4 pm, 8:30 to 5pm (flexible)
Salary: $60K plus annual bonus, benefits & RRSP
Our Mississauga client is a privately-owned Canada company, specializing in commercial and residential flooring. As one of the fastest growing flooring companies in Canada, focusing on eco-friendly products, they are seeking an experienced, hands on Warehouse Supervisor for a brand-new position.
This company believes that ‘family matters’ and that teamwork should be rewarded.
If you want to be part of a team that works hard and plays hard, this may be the fit for you!
The Warehouse Supervisor will supervise a team and support activities such as receiving, picking, shipping, inventory accuracy, exceptions and flow of product, and floor sample production.
Are you a good listener who enjoys employee relations and team building within a family type of environment?
Do you possess excellent organizational skills and strong knowledge of Warehouse/ Distribution & some Production? Fork lift experience is very beneficial and required; certification can be facilitated.
Experience in a non-union environment is preferred.
- Support day-to-day operations of warehouse, distribution and sample production to ensure alignment with Strategic and Tactical goals.
- Provide daily leadership and hands-on support for the department.
- Drive compliance with safety, quality and productivity goals in support of warehouse leadership team objectives.
- Support, Collaborate, Liaise with internal /external stakeholders in the Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product Development, Operations teams, suppliers and freight carriers.
- Support best practices to the receiving, picking, shipping, inventory accuracy and safety measures.
- Oversee and schedule maintenance of warehouse facilities, ensure the security of goods and equipment stored, take precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss and coordinate material handling activities, including processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Hold the existing Warehouse and Sampling staff accountable to achieve excellence in operational activities
- Ensure warehouse staff follows departmental policies and procedures. Identify areas that require policies and procedures, create new policies and procedures, modify existing policies and procedures to more accurately reflect the change in operations
- Maintain open and respectful communication with employees and conduct regular department meetings. Will provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Understand our KPI goals and assign/delegate tasks in a manner that supports the Warehouse and Sampling team to achieve positive KPI results
- Contributes in the set-up of yearly physical inventories.
- Oversee warehouse email account, responding and deputing as necessary.
- Provides feedback and insight to identify gaps or improvements on processes, quality assurance, and productivity.
- Ensures equipment is suitably maintained to ensure safe operation in the absence of the Warehouse Manager.
- Performs tasks involving inventory checks and cycle counts, inspection, product sortation, and disposition of damaged goods ensuring proper inventory management procedures are followed.
- Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that Associates are abiding by company rules/policies associated with Health & Safety for their own and other’s protection.
- Warehouse Supervisor must ensure that Associates who are required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) are wearing the identified equipment required for their job as per the guidelines provided.
- Warehouse Supervisor must create a culture where all Associates are notifying the WS and/or the JHSC with any potential hazards. WS must ensure that all Associates are reporting all incidents/accidents to their Supervisor/Manager or a JHSC Member immediately when it occurs. WS will be required to investigate and report any accidents or injuries that occur
- Minimum 3-5 years related supervisory experience running a warehouse/distribution center.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as, Operations management, CITT accreditation and or CPIM will be an asset.
- Working knowledge of operations, warehouse management, and transportation management.
- Direct knowledge of WHMIS, ESA and OHSA legislation.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization, its executive team and customers.
- Knowledge in the safe operation of materials handling equipment.
- Forklift Certification an asset; First Aid, WHMIS/ESA certificates are beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of, MS Office products, including Excel, Word; any SAP or Navision is an asset.
- Team leadership and teambuilding abilities.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent planning and resource allocation skills.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Performs regular job functions in a warehouse environment, which includes exposure to some physical elements.
- Work includes continuous strenuous activities, such as frequent reaching, bending, or lifting as well as performing activities, which require fine manual dexterity, or coordination in operating machines or equipment.
- Requires ability to stand for long periods.
- Must be able to lift 60 + lbs repetitively.
If you feel you are qualified for the position, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job#60807
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.