Volunteer Coordinator - Toronto, ON
3281 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4N2L8 | Direct Hire
Volunteer Coordinator – Toronto, ON
Salary from $42,000 to $48,000
Our client, a spiritual learning centre, is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for all aspects of volunteer management within the centre, including assessment of each department’s needs and meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. If you are an energetic and highly organized individual with excellent communication skills, then we would like to hear from you!
- Report to Student Department Manager regularly: update about volunteer recruitments, projects, ideas, and any current events going on in the Volunteer Department (including number of active volunteers and number of students volunteering per teacher).
- Meet twice per month with each department leader to go over their volunteers and their department needs.
- Meet with potential volunteers to go over potential opportunities and place them according to skills, time availability, and teacher recommendation.
- Meet with teachers monthly to review their students (volunteering or not).
- Report any issues with volunteers to teachers or other staff that may need to be notified.
- Coordinate volunteer orientations with teachers.
- Ensure there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Organize appreciation events for volunteers and follow up individually for positive reinforcement.
- Support volunteer team-work and unity through teambuilding activities and events.
- Attend committees and meetings.
- Manage budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses.
- Connect with the global volunteer coordinator to keep in line with the vision of the centre as well as keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering, as well as making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
- Maintain database and undertake any other administrative duties.
- Keep staff informed about the volunteer department updates.
- Prior experience in a volunteer/people coordination role
- Hospitality, non-profit or other people services experience a plus
- An Ontario drivers’ license with clean driving record
- An energetic and outgoing personality
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Superb communication skills
- Reliable, responsible and self-managed
- Multi-tasker with the ability to execute meticulously and efficiently
- Ability to work independently as well as contribute meaningfully as an integral part of the team
- Base salary range of between $42,000 - 48,000 annually
- In-office and great location
- Use of company car for company business
- Flexible hours to meet business needs, with the expectation of 2-3 late day/evening shifts per week
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to STKresume@bagg.com
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.