Technical Specialist - Aftermarket Heavy Automotive
195 Brunel Road Greater Toronto Area, ON L4Z 1T5 | Direct Hire
Technical Specialist – Aftermarket Heavy Automotive
Salary: $55K Base Salary + Benefits + Pension
We have very well respected and established client seeking a Technical Specialist to provide direct field support to clients within the heavy automotive aftermarket sector. You will conduct product installation evaluations, troubleshoot technical issues, and provide technical support for new and existing customers. Our client is a leader in the development and production of consumer to heavy industrial automotive parts and systems used in OEM and Aftermarket applications.
- This position is a technical oriented position that makes visits to customer locations.
- Associate will have to conduct product installation evaluations, such as: Fitment test, create simple sketch drawing and perform data collection from test machines.
- Associate will require general technical knowledge on terminology and/or basic operating functions understanding of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) and heavy duty electrical products.
- Associate will be required to gather data and customer input to compile and present technical results in a proper report format to immediate supervisor.
- Associate will work with immediate supervisor to troubleshoot technical issues to respond to customers’ needs.
- Position must have an understanding and appreciation of technical theories in relation to operations, specifications, and applications.
- Overall general knowledge of business operations (Sales, Service and Engineering) and knowledge of product is important to provide ideas and counter-measures to customers and internally with proper understanding and appreciation of activities.
- Provide technical support for existing and new customers in Canada.
- Post Secondary degree in Mechanical Engineering/ college diploma in Technology or equivalent work experience in HDEE (Heavy Duty Electrical) or Bus Industry
- Valid Ontario drivers license
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational Skills
- Strong communication
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proactive, results oriented and customer service focused attitude
- Prior industry work experience is not necessary but would be an asset
- Base Salary of $50,000 – 55,000
- Overtime is paid after 37.5 hours per week
- Full corporate benefits (effective day one of employment) and RRSP/RPP
- Combination of some office but mostly road-based work
- World recognized leader with global reach
If you meet these minimum qualifications, I encourage you to:
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to STKresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.