Senior Financial Analyst - Public Sector (Contract)
620 University Avenue Greater Toronto Area, ON M5G 2L7 | Temporary
Senior Financial Analyst – Public Sector (Contract)
Competitive Hourly Salary
Our client in government services is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team for a 4-6 month contract. As an enterprise service provider, the incumbent will support assigned business units with routine and adhoc financial forecasts, budgets, and analysis. Working in collaboration within the Finance team, the Senior Financial Analyst will use their skills to ensure the integrity and accountability of financial information in order to help drive decision making. If you are a client-oriented individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Working directly with the Finance Manager and Director, performs complex analyses of financial data to prepare reports and/or presentations for all levels of management to facilitate the decision making and financial reporting process.
- Creating specific routine reporting and presentations including: the monthly Director and VP portfolio financial presentation; quarterly Ministry reporting; and the preparation of support and schedules for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Using financial analyses identifies and clearly communicates issues, impacts, and recommended solutions.
- With a customer-centered approach, meeting regularly with management (Managers and Directors) within assigned business areas to review their monthly financial results; variance analysis; and preparing the monthly forecasts and accruals. The average number of Directors that each Senior Financial Analysts supports is six.
- Providing financial expertise and support in interpretation and understanding of financial information.
- Working together with the business unit and other Senior Financial Analysts, will assist in preparing the annual budget for the program and monthly cost allocation of resources.
- Providing clear and consistent communication while engaging in high quality interactions with business units and within the Finance team.
- University degree and designation of Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant is required
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team orientated with an enthusiasm for providing a top client service experience
- Proven history of being proactive, a self-starter
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exercises good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Maintains current knowledge of accounting principles, methodology and standards
- Ability to take initiative and embrace challenges
- Meticulous and a strong attention to detail
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to STKresume@bagg.com
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.