595 Bay Street Suite 1102 Toronto, ON M5G 2C2 | Direct Hire
Salary up to $48,000 + Benefits + 3 weeks vacation
Our client, a leader in the real estate field, is seeking a Property Accountant to join their team! The successful candidate will play an important support role to the Senior Property Accountant. You will perform financial reporting, analysis and data maintenance for commercial properties. If have 1 to 2 years of full cycle general accounting experience, please read on to join an organisation where employees are genuinely valued.
Review, analysis and reporting:
- Provide monthly HST reporting calculation and analysis
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliation(s)
- Prepare requested reports and support schedules as needed
- Assist with the preparation of working papers for quarterly financial reporting
- Assist with the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets
- Maintain general ledgers using IFRS basis accounting
- Prepare monthly general journal entries, including accruals and adjusting entries
- Maintain the receivables and payables subsidiary ledgers and related reports (i.e. Aging analysis) and act as a contact between tenants and vendors regarding queries and providing timely responses
- Work with Operations staff on proper billings for direct tenants’ charge backs generated from Work Orders operational system
- Collect rents, post charges, apply payments to tenant accounts and analyze tenant accounts, as needed
- Assist in preparation of annual recurring charges and related schedules for tenants
- Assist in monthly rent rolls reconciliation and revenue variance analysis
- Assist in the reconciliation of quarterly/annual recoveries from tenants for building operating costs and realty taxes
- Monthly retail tenant sales/percentage rents reports currently maintained in Excel
- Assist Senior Property Accountant to prepare and submit audit work-papers to external auditors within the required time frame.
- Assist Senior Property Accountant with any tenant lease audits that may arise
- Maintain integrity of all property financial information.
- Contribute to the maintenance of positive project team relations by assisting with questions relating to leases, budgets, costs, etc.
- Act as a team member with all employees of the management office staff.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Assume additional responsibilities as delegated by the Senior Property Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting Major from an accredited university or Finalist
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience in an Accounting role in an office environment
- Pursuing a professional accounting designation is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of manuals, journals, abstracts and financial reports
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to JTCResume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process