Toronto, ON M7A 1A2 | Temporary
Position: Payroll Administrator
Duration: One Year Contract
Compensation: Up to $23.00/hr
Location: Downtown Toronto
Our client in the public sector is seeking a Payroll Administrator for a 1 year contract! The right candidate for this position provides integrated services for the calculation and processing of payroll, benefits, pension, pension adjustment and attendance for an assigned client group.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, evaluates and verifies that all recommendations/authorizations from various source documents regarding employee status changes are completed and are consistent with in house systems, procedures, policies/guidelines of the organization, Parties and related Commissions; specifically pay and benefits legislation and regulations as well as administrative requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively and adapt well to change.
- Keying transactions into HRIS to implement changes relating to employees history, such as new hires, terminations, retirements, leaves of absences, address changes, benefit changes including relatives, updating pension status, maternity/parental and other leaves, charity donations and parking deductions.
- Preparing journal entries for input.
- Calculates and updates payments/earnings/salaries as appropriate.
- Calculates pension/benefits contributions for employees on leave of absence and processes billing payments.
- Investigates overpayment/underpayment of salaries, issues direct deposits recalls or cheque cancellations as appropriate.
- Implements necessary payroll changes and notifies Manager or Lead Hand of major problems.
- Calculates severance payments for terminated employees as appropriate.
- Monitors monthly attendance to ensure that absences have been properly authorized and recorded.
- Records absences, entitlements, and accumulations and makes appropriate calculations where necessary.
- Calculates and initiates changes to effect payroll adjustments.
- Determines employees’ year-end credit entitlements carry-over and prepares excess vacation carry-over letters for approval.
- Ensures that new calendar year entitlements and carry-forwards due to year-end rollover are accurate and are in compliance with policies/procedures and regulations.
- Provides on-going assistance/information and liaises with HRCs, Payroll Administrators, Lead Hand and Manager regarding salary/benefits/pension administration, transfers, invoicing for salary recovery, pension inquiries, benefit inquiries and other payroll requirements.
- In the absence of the HR Assistant set up new employee’s files in a timely manner.
- Ensures all documentation pertaining to the employee is filed in an appropriate file folder.
- Closes and processes terminated employee’s files, as per existing internal policy and procedures maintaining confidentiality of employee’s file.
- Completion of Record of Employment, responding to internal and external inquiries and resolution of issues relating to pension and benefits, filing and ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Performs other related activities as required. Keeps up-to-date on related skill development in order to use any new technologies or processes as required.
- Position requires a combination of education and 6 months to 1-year related/on-the-job experience pertaining to pay and benefits administration.
- Position requires sound knowledge of pay/benefits and attendance recording functions. Detailed knowledge of payroll/records administrative policies, methods and procedures required for payroll system(s) and other computerized systems.
- Knowledge of relevant sections of Acts, Regulations, manuals and directives (e.g. Human Resources Policy Manual, OPSEU, COPE and AMAPCEO collective agreements, Public Service Act, pertinent sections of legislation relating to CPP, EI, Income Tax).
- Knowledge of computer technology systems and software applications to prepare letters memos, manual cheques, and record attendance.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CGRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.