Payroll Administrator - Toronto, ON
825 Queen St E Toronto, ON M4M 1H8 | Direct Hire
Payroll Administrator – Toronto, ON
Salary up to 55K + Benefits + Profit Sharing + Gym Onsite!
Our client, a leading insurance brokerage company, seeks a Payroll Administrator to assist their dynamic team. The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for multiple activities relating to company payroll and benefits administration functions, working closely with Finance and Human Resources. The successful candidate will prepare and administer payroll and benefits for all employees, calculate salary and commission, and assist HR in preparing the annual payroll budget. If you are an energetic, organized and detail-oriented individual, then we want to hear from you!
- The preparation and administration of payroll and benefits for all company employees.
- Ensure that all salaries and commissions are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees, and contractors.
- Collect and verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage garnishments, benefits, etc.) for ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Calculate salary increases, bonuses, commissions, severance and so on in accordance with instructions given and in time for affected pay periods.
- Prepare journal entries and forms, such as records of employment, employment-related tax forms, and remittances.
- Process data to the Payroll Provider (Ceridian).
- Collaborate with HR to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
- Reconcile payroll totals and ensure all remittances for payroll-related taxes and group benefits and savings plans are made on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and create internal management reports.
- Ensure the creation and timely distribution of year-end reconciliations, analysis and submissions and filings, i.e. T4’s, EHT, DPSP etc.
- Prepare the budget for payroll and benefits, in accordance with direction and criteria provided by HR.
- Maintain a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Respond to inquiries from employees and government agencies.
- Administration and maintenance of extra-provincial insurance licensing requirements, of the company and the brokers acting on behalf of the company.
- Other duties as required.
- University degree or Certificate Program in Accounting is preferred.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills that promote mutually beneficial, respectful and professional relationships.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and to set and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Highly conscientious, along with an energetic and mature approach to work.
- Must be able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Intermediate level with MS Office (Excel, Word, Access) and Outlook.
- Salary range of $45,000 – 55,000, commensurate on experience.
- Full benefits after three months, with gym onsite!
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- Profit sharing after one year.
- Downtown office, excellent location with paid parking.
- Great team environment with long-tenured employees.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to STKresume@bagg.com
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.