77 Bloor St W Toronto, Ontario M5S | Temporary
Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for Operations Officer to join their team.
Pay Rate: $ 17.34 /Hr
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 1 Year Contract
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm
• Verifying and processing all incoming securities and documentation within established guidelines
• Reporting any variances immediately to the Supervisor
• Accurately producing the letters of instruction to the foreign depository.
• Filing of daily work and producing the daily reports to management
• Communicate effectively, courteously and professionally with internal departments and external financial institutions
• Compliance with the rules and regulations of dealing with physical securities.
• Develop a sound knowledge of the procedures of record-keeping for the purpose of balancing security positions
• Sort all transfer memos received for deposit. Check client account for security, quantity and validity. Check the depository systems for book-based eligibility.
• Balance securities against position box reports. Investigate any differences. Affix the appropriate stamps duly signed.
• Set up instructions to CDS, DTC, Bony, Workbench and prepare the documentation to send out to the various Depositories.
• Process the appropriate journals to reflect the return of holdings to the clients. Investigate, followup and escalate for any withdrawal variances. Balance safekeeping positions and box reports daily. Meet daily deadlines for Rush and regular withdrawals.
• Keep the filing up to date, all back up must be filed the same day. Maintain detailed record keeping of all incoming, currently processed and investigation items.
- High accuracy, attention to detail
- Quick Learner
- Flexibility and capability to take on various tasks
- Recent University Graduate (An asset)
- Typing Speed of 60 WPM minimum.
- Advanced excel knowledge (formulas required, pivot tables)
- Exceptional English speaking and communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- CDS / DTC system knowledge and CSC.
- Previous programming experience nice to have (VBA)
- Post-secondary education required
- Completion of Industry related Course recommended
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.