8260 Parkhill Drive Edmonton, ON L9T 5V7 | Direct Hire
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: $80K to 90K depending on experience plus bonus, outstanding benefit package and pension
Our client is a very successful industrial services organization. If you are looking to work for a remarkable company that is quick to respond to the changing needs of their customers and employees, this may be the position for you!
Are you an individual who thrives on practicing Core Values and adhering to Standards of Business Conduct? Do you enjoy working independently and coordinating your own schedule and assisting representatives in the field? This position reports to the Vice President.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the region they are managing, ensuring revenue targets are met and client satisfaction exceeded through the effective delivery of company’s products and service lines. Key responsibilities include business planning, business development/revenue generation, operations, customer service, finance and human resource management.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an industrial, technical field
- Engineering technician or Professional Engineer designation is considered an asset
- 7 years in a management role, preferably as a General Manager or Regional Sales Manager
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in certification training or quality management services
- Technical background and technical knowledge of a manufacturing industry such as structural steel fabrication
- Experienced in growing revenue for business unit or region
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team to achieve business results
- Experienced in business planning, finance and human resource management
- Experienced in identifying untapped revenue opportunities within their respective market through analysing business trends and/or business economics of their respected region
- Experienced in creating and presenting business presentations for internal/external clients
- Experienced in negotiating business contracts
- Well-connected in industry, demonstrated experience in building teams or creating partnerships through tapping into their network and contacts
- Must have knowledge of quality management system standards
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to network with individuals within their respective region/market
- Solid analytical skills, experienced in being able to develop and analyze multiple pieces of data to make sound business recommendations and decisions
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build and manage a team to deliver business results
- Strategic planning capabilities, ability to build a business plan
- Strong business acumen with experience in financial management
- Sales experience/account management experience considered an asset
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Internet and other applications, ability to leverage technology to deliver results is an asset
Sales and Business Development
Management of Product and Customer Service Delivery
Marketing and Promotion (of Certification, Management Systems Registration and Educational Services)
Managing and Developing the Operations Team
Financial Management and Trusted Advisor
More detail is available for candidates who meet the majority of the qualifications.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #55959?
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process