Manager of Academic Services
2 Carlton Street Suite 1400 Toronto, ON M5B 1J3 | Direct Hire
Position: Manager of Academic Services
Location: Central Downtown Toronto
Salary: $65,000 to $80,000 or more depending on experience plus company benefits and pension
Our non-profit client is seeking a Manager of Academic Services to join their diverse and passionate team who is committed to removing barriers for international students and professionals. This organization excels in providing international students and skilled immigrants with credential assessments, research, and consulting services. For many years, they have helped international students and professionals achieve their goals in the United States and Canada.
Our client is looking for an individual to promote growth in the use of their services and represent their brand of excellence in service and quality. The incumbent will have a strong focus on relationship building, marketing, and introducing services to prospective and current Institutional Clients.
We are looking for a professional to be ‘the face’ of the company with experience in Public Post-Secondary Institutions, in the realm of Admissions, Registrar’s, or International Student Services.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to travel in Ontario and across Canada and attend Conferences.
If you are an individual who not only has an appreciation for other cultures, but has a mission for aiding and changing lives, this may be a great opportunity to become involved!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience preferably in Higher Education in Admissions or International Student Office or in companies that provide consulting or services to higher education
- The position includes 20% - 30% travel
- Some international experience desirable
- Outside marketing experience and skills
- Engaging and polished presenter
- Excellent communications skills – written and oral
- Knowledge of current and potential Higher Education client decision-making, issues, admissions process, etc.
- Client/customer service skills
- Relevant computer, data base, internet and e-commerce skills
- Ability to perform basic research
- Develop new relations with universities and colleges in Canada. Extend and deepen rapport with current clients. Conduct campus visits, and collect and share relevant information on client needs with Associate Director, Institutional Client Relations. Deliver webinars or organize online meetings with end-users.
- Contribute to end-users’ survey questionnaire development. Suggest measurable methods to ascertain client satisfaction and interpret results to implement a strategic plan to improve client satisfaction.
- Develop an effective marketing strategy and annual plan that supports organization’s brand positioning, market strategy and annual objectives in Canada.
- Target prospective and current clients to assure concrete results and a mix of short-term and long-range goals.
- Develop and execute an active outreach plan including telephone contacts, emails, client visits, conferences, social media and company-sponsored promotional events to build relationships and promote company services with Universities and prospective Institutional Clients.
- Maintain Salesforce Database accurately and in timely fashion. Provide narrative reporting on a timely basis for all conferences, campus visits, etc. Keep client info current and accurate.
- Visit Ontario universities and Community Colleges on a regular basis to develop and maintain effective relations. Exhibit at conferences, events and cultivate client development.
- Extend and deepen rapport with current institutional clients, seeking to obtain increasingly preferred status re: applicant referrals.
- Continue to broaden and deepen understanding of international education, and company’s policies.
- Monitor current and prospective client status, including: statistics, interpersonal intelligence, processing and policy changes, and campus issues and concerns.
- Provide superior client services and support.
- Represent company at events where existing relationships can be strengthened and new relationships established.
- Provide leads, market intelligence and learning support to Regional Directors where applicable.
- Communicate regularly with relevant personnel on developments, opportunities and problems that impact marketing or client retention. Provide all relevant feedback related to market changes to relevant Directors.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job # 54913?
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.