Legal Assistant (Patents and Trademarks)
333 Bay Street, Suite 2400 Bay Adelaide Centre Toronto, ON M5H 2T6 | Direct Hire
Legal Assistant (Patents and Trademarks?)
Salary up to $65K + Benefits + Other Perks!
Our client, a reputable and established law firm in Downtown Toronto with close to 700 Lawyers, is looking for an experienced Legal Assistant (Patents and Trademarks) to join their team. The Legal Assistant (Patents and Trademarks) will independently manage the daily activities of two Lawyers in our Intellectual Property department. The successful candidate will assist in running the practice through administrative support, revision and preparation of documentation, scheduling and calendar management, and opening and maintenance of files. If you have three to five years’ experience as a Legal Assistant within Intellectual Property, then we want to hear from you!
- Provide full legal support to lawyers with their Patent Prosecution practice
- Attend to Due Date list on a daily basis and advise professionals
- Manage calendars and handle administrative duties such as file openings and ongoing file maintenance, preparing cheque requests, coordinating meetings, and processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Ensure professionals’ practices run smoothly by handling routine inquiries and managing routine administrative responsibilities
- Assist legal professionals with preparation of documents and record keeping for patent, trademark and other intellectual property applications and registrations
- Assist with preparation of documents for IP litigation, such as pleadings, motion records, application records and books of authorities
- Prepare reports for clients relating to filings and due dates for patents, trademarks, other IP records, and IP litigation
- Enter time dockets
- Provide administrative support with respect to accounting and billing as required including; review of pre-bills, making adjustments or advising Accounting to make adjustments and mailing out final bill under a cover letter
- Prepare expense requisitions and reports, assist with client record creation and maintenance using Accounting software
- Provide secretarial support which includes proofreading, revision and preparation of documentation under the instruction of the legal professionals and transcription of data from various sources
- Act as a liaison between internal and/or external parties
- Provide clerical, administrative, and general office support including; photocopying, faxing, scheduling, and calendar management, etc.
- Provide back-up assistance to various professionals and/or assistants within the Intellectual Property team, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years' experience as an Intellectual Property Legal Assistant
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course
- Strong working knowledge of general Intellectual Property including patents, IP litigation, and trademarks
- Experience working with Elite Webview, Worksite DMS, PATTSY, etc.
- Strong technical skills using MS Office 2010
- Experience working with foreign filing an asset
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure while meeting deadlines
- Base salary range of $55,000 – 65,000 (commensurate upon experience)
- Full benefits
- Great work-life balance with occasional overtime
- Professional office environment in Financial District
- Close knit, collaborative and supportive team
- Ability to take on additional projects to learn and grow within the organization
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: STKresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.