Human Resources Generalist
290 Humberline Drive Toronto, ON M9W 2Z4 | Direct Hire
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Toronto West
Salary: Up to $72,000, depending on experience, plus benefits, and other perks
Our client has been a Canadian-based manufacturer for many decades is seeking a strong HR Generalist. They hire professionals who are self-directed, embrace change and bring exceptional work ethic to the job every day. People skills are very important with a staff of over 100 full time and hourly employees in a non-union environment.
The HR Generalist will support the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. A professional who is Bilingual French would bring a strong asset to the role.
You will be involved in policies, procedures and programs, employee relations for plant and office staff and recruitment.
We are looking for an HR professional that can build relationships and gain trust of staff. You will look after job descriptions, and compensation on HRIS. Knowledge of ESA and Human Rights is expected as well as any current legislation. Manage disability cases, hiring, termination, benefits admin. and other projects such as performance and absenteeism evaluations and management.
Are you flexible enough to back up payroll, reception and or HR Assistant? Will you be happy within a non-unionized environment maintaining CI initiatives, 5s +1? Do you want to grow into a management role and mentor juniours on the HR team?
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience, CHRP preferred
- Bilingual French is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to: HRIS administration, handling of confidential or sensitive information, recruitment, employee records, and benefit administration.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- Must be proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Self-directed, well organized, and proactive
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate on all levels in the organization
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to LJAresume@bagg.com quoting job #59080.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.