Event/AV Logistic Support Staff
51 Rolark Drive Toronto, ON M1R 3B1 | Temporary
Our provincial government client is looking for Event/AV Logistics Support staff starting Feb 26th, 2018 - April 27th 2018, with potential extension. Various locations across Ontario.
Pay = $20/hour
During Regional Training we require 2 Support people per hotel to handle logistics. This includes:
- Accepting materials deliveries,
- Room-set up (laptops, duct-taping, AV equipment, testing presentations and links),
- Assisting with e-poll book set-up and onsite vendor relations (compucom representative),
- Visiting multiple rooms during training to ensure everything is running smoothly,
- Take on the role of on-site representative for hotel staff for coordinating meals, issues etc.,
- Packing up the rooms and preparing the shipments back to Head Quarters in Toronto
- And other duties as assigned
Staff will be responsible for supporting the training sessions when they are running and those are generally scheduled from 8:00 am-4:30 pm. However, the hours of work will not always be regularly scheduled. They will be responsible for setting up rooms the night before training. If the hotel doesn’t provide access in time or if AV equipment isn’t working they could be working until late at night. They may also start early in the morning. It all depends on what issues they run into at the hotels.
Things to Know:
• Accommodations will be booked and paid for but the employee will need to provide a credit card for incidental charges to the hotel.
• Employees will be expected to find their own transportation to and from venues and they will submit claims to us for reimbursement. All reimbursement will be according the guidelines so it is their responsibility to read this policy in advance of booking (Guidelines will be shared).
• You will be expected to attend all locations
• Northern Ontario is likely Thunder Bay or Sault Ste. Marie. Locations could be anywhere in the electoral districts listed below:
Locations (must be available for all):
- Kenora-Rainy River
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Thunder Bay-Atikokan
- Thunder Bay-Superior North
- Timmins-James Bay
4 Positions available for approx. 3 month temporary assignment, possible extension.
Start Date: February 26, 2018
End Date: April 27, 2018
Hours of Work: 7.25 hours per day/36.25 hours per week
Location of position: Various across Ontario (see tentative schedule)
Parking: Free parking
Dress Attire: The dress code is business casual
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified for this role, please send your updated resume to email@example.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.