Claims Support Specialist
204 Main St N Brampton, ON L6X 1N2
Our client, a claims adjusting firm, is looking for a Claims Support Specialist to join their team! The Claims Support Specialist, reporting to the VP, Administration, is responsible for supporting the Claims department with a variety of tasks to assist them with the handling of claims to ensure timely and accurate processing, while delivering high quality customer service. In addition, this role supports the Accounts Receivables function.
- Provide administrative support to the Adjusting team
- Intake all new incoming claims through email and set up in Filetrac
- Gather and coordinate necessary documentation and information related to the claim in order to create a notice of loss and distribute to appropriate reporting channels within established timelines.
- Within 24 hours of notice or receipt of report from the Adjuster, complete the 24-hour report.
- Forward notice of loss and related documentation to insurer or broker via email.
- Upload required information / documentation and diary service into Filetrac
- Follow up as necessary with Insurance company regarding report submission, assigned Examiner and all relevant contact information, and input into Filetrac
- Review and edit Adjuster reports for submission to Manager to review and invoice and complete any final revisions as per Manager.
- Submit time entries in Filetrac as required.
- Provide final reports to Examiner with any other related and necessary documentation/ enclosures.
- Prepare claims file for closing.
- Receive and coordinate cheques applicable to claim file
- Make copies of cheque; post cheque to appropriate invoice in Filetrac.
- Scan and upload to applicable file any incoming cheque payable to insureds, contractors, etc.; notify Adjuster of payment received and any pending action required.
- Handle account receivable function
- Follow up on past due invoices; report to the President with any invoicing queries or concerns from Examiners.
- Sort through incoming mail.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports as requested
- Provide support with PowerPoint presentations as requested
- Post-secondary education and/or a combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in insurance adjusting or broker claims environment preferred.
- Prior experience handling account receivable an asset.
- Experience in a customer service environment an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and aptitude to learn various systems.
- Professional communication skills and mannerism throughout a telephone call experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities and proven organizational skills to plan, review and follow-up to prioritize tasks. Planning must be done to handle deadlines, peak periods and/or unexpected situations.
- High attention to detail.
- Demonstrated behaviors showing initiative and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated professionalism and work ethic.
- Proven ability to contribute to and work well within a team environment.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: CGRresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.