Chef de Cuisine
200 Marycroft Ave Vaughan, ON L4L 5X9 | Direct Hire
Looking for an Experienced, Full-Time Chef de Cuisine for an exciting Bistro & Wine Bar in Woodbridge
Are you a reputable fine dining Chef with more than 5 years of Kitchen Management experience?
Are you a strong leader with the ability to execute a fun concept menu while building a team of engaged, dedicated kitchen staff?
•Supervision and continuous training of Line Cooks, Prep Cooks and Dishwashers while recruiting new team members as needed
• Positioning yourself on the line as much as possible, cooking and ensuring consistency and timing in all orders placed through the point-of-sale
• Creating schedules for the kitchen team while promoting a positive working environment that fosters opportunity for growth from within
• Leading and overseeing inventory, food costs, & supplier ordering (with owner) along with working with staff on creating new and innovative menu items.
• Adhering to all Federal and Provincial Health Codes & Laws, while promoting a clean and safe environment for all staff and customers.
• Communicating effectively and professionally with front-of-house staff, other management, customers, and suppliers
Our client has a well-developed concept and menu in place. While ideas and creativity, are always welcome, the chef must appreciate that the owners have worked hard on menu and concept and must respect that any additions/changes to the existing menu items must be approved by the owners and fit their concept.
They require a chef that can execute their concept and menu and make suggestions to enhance them. They need a chef that will listen to ideas/input from junior staff. There is room for creativity in several parts of the menu, and they will welcome suggestions, as long as the integrity of the concept is maintained.
- Culinary Diploma
- Food handling certification
- 5+ years Kitchen Management
- Must be Red Seal Certified
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: ALMresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.