Accounts Receivable Clerk
15 Allstate Parkway Suite 400 Markham, ON L3R 5B4 | Direct Hire
Position: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Location: Markham - Woodbine Ave. & Highway 7
Hours: 8:30 to 4:30pm or 9 to 5pm Summer hours June 1st to August 31st on Fridays?
Salary: $36 to $40K (higher for Bilingual French)
Our Markham client has been in business for over a century and specializes in logistical and financial services to consumer package goods companies worldwide. They warehouse and ship product in a timely manner to their principles with a complete customer service philosophy.
Our client is a family-owned; Canadian operated organization which is growing like crazy!!
They are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk to expand their team. This position will be responsible for helping with cash applications, preparing daily deposits, investigating and applying deductions, and credit notes for various clients. You will report directly to the Credit Manager in this tight knit department.
This employer offers a very professional, corporate, open concept office environment where everyone is treated as equal and as family. If this meets your criteria for the everyday workplace, with the required experience, please consider this opening. If you are Bilingual in French & English, with excellent communication skills, you may love this job.
Are you a quick-thinking individual who can multitask in a fast-paced environment to meet time-sensitive deadlines? Are you proactive with a positive attitude? If you can work under pressure to meet customer demands, with minimal direction and supervision; then we want to see your resume today!
- Apply and distribute daily cheques, EFT and cash received from customers.
- Prepare daily bank deposits.
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies by account
- Process deductions with regards to special programs and pricing
- Prepare credit notes to clear debit notes on account
- Administrative duties such as filing, scanning and photocopying, faxing
- Perform additional tasks as required based on the department’s needs.
- One to two years of A/R experience plus college or university accounting education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization
- A strong interpersonal skill as candidate is required to deal with people both individually and in groups to resolve conflicts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP and pivot table)
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities and specific time constraints
- Ability to adapt to the business’ changing needs
- Strong organization skills
- Bilingual in English and French an asset.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #58677
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process