120 Saint Regis Cres N North York, ON M3J 1Z3 | Direct Hire
Location: North York, ON ( Keele & Sheppard )
Salary: $40,000 to $42,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Medical and Dental Benefits after 3 months
Our client is one of the world’s largest suppliers of plush toys to the world’s leading retailers. They are proud of facilities in Toronto and overseas and has been in business for over 60 years.
The good news is that it is time to add to their dynamic team! Our client is now looking for an Accounting Clerk to support their small close-knit Finance/Accounting team; reporting to the Controller.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, collections, letters of credit administration and certificates of insurance as well as liaising with multiple offices.
In their Toronto office, every day is casual day! The boss likes to communicate openly and is very willing to provide support and assist with any questions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of company accounts payable and receivable records
- Enter non-trade payables with general ledger coding
- Prepare and process weekly cash payment disbursement requests
- Maintain reconciliation with factories on deposits/invoices to ensure records are complete and accurate
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting schedules, bank reconciliations and related journal entries as part of month-end close procedures
- Monitor accounts receivable balances and follow up with customers on collection of outstanding balances adhering to credit procedure policies
- Resolves discrepancy notices with customers and follows up through EDI customer websites
- Reviews and verifies quarterly commission statements and distributes, once approved, to representatives
- Monitor trade finance banking system for updates on letters of credit and correspondence with bank, process new documents on letters of credit
- Process certificate of insurance– sending updates to be responding to requests for changes
- Assistance with year-end audit
- Follow up on customer inquiries
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned
- Accounting College Diploma or several years applicable work experience
- Good knowledge of accounting and procedures
- Standard spreadsheet software such as Excel and Word (NetSuite an asset but not necessary)
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job# 55494.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.