Truckload Operations Specialist
Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Truckload Operations Specialist
Location: Oakville, ON
Salary: $55K - $65K plus benefits
Our client has been in the service industry for twenty years, with a distinctive client base. They are privately owned and growing rapidly. They are adding to the team by hiring a Truckload Operations Specialist who will be under the direction of the VP TL Operations.
The Truckload Operations Specialist will primarily be the key liaison to both internal and external carriers/clients. This position will have the opportunity to oversee staff in the future.
The Manager of TL Operations is also responsible for seeking new cost-effective transportation carriers and maintaining the margins for spot market transportation.
- Research for new compliant cost-effective transportation carriers
- Analyze margins for spot market transportation and identify areas requiring improvement
- Participate in contract negotiations and maintain ongoing relationships with a variety of clients
- Oversee the planning of logistics of the trip, and ensure appropriate paperwork to transport goods
- Three to five years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Current knowledge of the Canadian and United States Truckload carriers.
- Good knowledge of Canadian and United States carriers crossing the Canadian and United States border.
- Knowledge of the Truckload rates to support rate negotiations
- Load Planning experience and knowledge of the different equipment and modes available.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics program or services to provide the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Good understanding of the Canadian and United States geography
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivation of employees
- Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Makes concrete, well-informed and thought-out decisions that support the overall organization. Ability to make quick, effective decisions even when data and details are limited.
- Able to think outside of the box to develop creative and new solutions or products that meet current and future needs.
- Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues.
- Uses resources such as human capital, supplies, products, materials, and other useable items effectively and with foresight to available and limited funds.
- Analyzes and interprets the strategic direction of the organization. Has a clear and firm understanding of the vision, mission, values, and objectives of the workplace and uses that information to develop responsibilities, tasks, goals, and initiatives that align with long-term plans and growth.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #51136.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.