Shift Supervisor, Afternoons - Distribution
Toronto, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Shift Supervisor, Afternoons – Distribution
Location: Finch & 427
Salary: $60K to 70K + 10% Bonus Potential & Benefits
Our client has been a Canadian-based manufacturer and supplier of building products for many decades. They currently have four manufacturing facilities and many sales centres across Canada which provide leading services to the North American architectural and building market.
Under the direction of the Distribution Supervisor, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for the successful daily operation of the afternoon shift to ensure effective movement of materials from receiving through internal stores/processing work centers, picking, packing, and shipping.
Are you good at finding root causes and solving problems?
Do you want your ideas to be acknowledged, considered and implemented?
Are you passionate about your career and want to join a challenging and winning team?
If you have an understanding of fabrication, you will fit right in with this dynamic organization.
To be successful in this role, the Shift Supervisor must possess the leadership ability to influence, mobilize, gain personal commitment, and achieve results. He/she must have a hands-on commitment to getting the job done, while promoting a safe, positive work environment.
- Control the loading and unloading of deliveries/incoming shipments, problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries, and communicate respective information to all internal departments as requested.
- Participate in cycle-counting program to ensure accuracy of inventory levels.
- Supervise warehousing operations with respect to all equipment, people, procedures/processes to achieve Supply Chain management goals improving customer service levels while streamlining warehousing activities.
- Management of any 3rd party carrier or equipment contracts related to transportation or material handling
- Ensure Quality Assurance processes/policies are maintained as they relate to functional processes within the scope of receiving, inbound inspection material storage and disposition.
- Ensure that health and safety programs are supported and enforced in a manner that safeguards the protection of staff and promotes prompt responses to health and safety concerns or incidents.
- Foster and maintain a continuous improvement environment through communication, teamwork and development of all employees.
- Monitor attendance and overtime, identify training and development opportunities, administer performance evaluations in accordance with company human resources policy and procedures.
- Develop and improve KPI’s by actively implementing the company’s Lean, Continuous Improvement, Cycle Time reduction activities/objectives.
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time to support efficient company operations.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in logistics, supply chain management or business administration is preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ shipping/receiving/stockroom related experience in a distribution environment with at least 3 to 5 years at a supervisory level.
- Hands-on experience utilizing Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement concepts and practices is required.
- Able to communicate effectively, written and verbally. A strong command of the English language is required with respect to:
- Receive and interpret instructions, delegate tasks, provide training
- Collecting and providing information
- Completing paperwork
- Complying with safety procedures and processes.
- Computer literacy: knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, email (Outlook), comfortable with using databases. Ability to input, retrieve and analyze data
- Strong attention to detail, skilled in problem identification and solution-oriented problem solving
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Must be able to organize information and articulate issues to the manager and supporting departments
- Must maintain valid operation certificate(s) in good standing, where operation of equipment requires certification, i.e. forklift, overhead crane.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments. Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- Overtime as required, at least one Saturday per month.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #49695
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.