Toronto, ON | Temporary
Our financial client in Toronto is currently seeking a Settlements Officer to join their team on a 6 month contract
Pay Rate: $ 21.00/HR
Duration: 6 Month Contract
Hours: 9:00am - 5:30pm
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Global Fixed Income Operations team is based in Toronto and provides support to Trading and Sales offices in Toronto, New York, London, and Singapore. The Group includes functions pertaining to CDS Settlements, Coupons/Corporate Actions and Futures. The Settlements team covers domestic market settlements on the Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS) for Bond, Money Market and Repo trades
This position reports to the Team Leader, GFI Settlements. In this role, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of departmental processes including:
• Process daily settlements of all Canadian domestic trades, both cash and repo, booked in FIS and Calypso Cash and settling in CDS.
• Understand and maintain the process of transactions moving from Front Office (Trade Capture) to Settlement.
• Develop and maintain working relationships with internal partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
• Follow up on exceptions, identify their causes and escalate for resolution.
• Provide a high level of service in assisting process partners to identify, locate and resolve differences.
• Escalate client issues as appropriate – ensure communication with key stakeholders elsewhere in TDS/Operations & Technology
• Reconcile trade data within RCM including investigation and escalation of outstanding trade breaks
• Adhere to operating standards and processes
• Strong knowledge of the operating environment (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware) in own area.
• General understanding of market environments and Wholesale business groups
• Familiar with transaction lifecycle for products and businesses supported
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; have an eye for detail; initiative to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to easily relate to peers and management
• Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks, and adapt well to changing priorities
• Enjoys problem solving and working in a professional environment as part of an integrated team
Problem solving skills
Strong communication skills
Able to meet tight deadlines
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to:
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.