Settlements Officer - Banking
Toronto, ON | Temporary
Our client in the banking industry is seeking a Settlements Officer to join their team on a contract basis.
Contract – 5 months (possibility of extension / permanent employment)
Location – Toronto, Downtown – Financial District
Rate of Pay - $19 / hour
Hours of Work – Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, with flexibility to work overtime as needed
**Must have good credit and clear criminal history**
The Collateral Settlements Officer works within the Collateral Settlements and Operations Team based in Toronto, and provides support to the Margin Account Group in Toronto, New York, London, and Singapore. The team includes functions pertaining to CDS Settlements, Coupons/Corporate Actions & daily Collateral Cash movements.
In this role, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely completion of departmental processes including the following:
- Process daily settlements of all Collateral Cash movements.
- Understand and maintain the process of transactions from MAG
- Reconcile data within RCM including investigation and escalation of outstanding cash breaks
- Follow up on exceptions, identify their causes and escalate for resolution.
- Provide a high level of service in assisting process partners to identify, locate and resolve differences.
- Escalate client issues as appropriate - ensure communication with key stakeholders within the business
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
- Adhere to operating standards and processes
- Strong business acumen, with general understanding of market environments and wholesale business groups
- Familiar with transaction lifecycle for products and businesses supported
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; have an eye for detail; initiative to follow up on items or determine appropriate steps for timely resolution
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to easily relate to peers and management
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks, and adapt well to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys problem solving and working in a professional environment as part of an integrated team
- Strong PC skills, familiar with Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to execute on routine ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to handle projects and demonstrate out of the box thinking.
- Transactions or activities with a lack of market standards or practices
- Capability to execute processing responsibilities involving one or more of the following:
- Non-standard processing environment
- Multiple step transactions
- Several systems or applications
- A combination of manual and automated environments
- Multiple jurisdictions (currencies, time zones)
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JDUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.