Receptionist - Not for Profit
Toronto, ON | Temporary
Our client, a not for profit organization, is looking for a Receptionist, Not for Profit to join their team on a temporary to potential permanent basis! The Receptionist, Not for Profit has a shared responsibility for the coordination of general donor administration and inquiries including handling both inbound and outbound calls. The position also acts as the point of entry for inbound calls to be rerouted at the Toronto office and for visitors ensuring that all members, clients, volunteers and the public are introduced to the organization in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
General Reception Duties
- Politely and courteously answers all in-coming telephone calls and re-direct to appropriate destination
- Transfers voicemail messages to various staff, return caller messages and handles general inquiries
- Greets and directs all visitors in a polite and professional manner and contact appropriate staff
- Promptly escalates calls appropriately
- Receives and re-directs (where required) general email queries received through the organization’s e-mail address
- Upon receiving, processes daily mail sorted by office administration – advises department contacts that mail is available for pick up at reception
- Contacts security in the event of an office related emergency, e.g. unknown individual having access to the office
- Conducts monthly review meetings with backup reception team
- Updates all reception documents and tools regularly and ensure updates are communicated
Administrative and Donor Service
- Work closely with the direct marketing team to thank and support various segments of donors e.g. new donors/monthly donors
- Responsible for providing an exceptional customer service/donor relations experience through all interactions with customers
- Processes donor information changes in each of the databases.
- Responds to general donor inquiries
- Processes duplicate receipt requests and organizes for emailing or mailing to donors
- Processes the daily exception mail package from data processing centre
- Works with the volunteer on in memory and in honor card processing – sorts and codes all donations requiring cards and ensures supplies and information is available for office volunteer
- Ensures monthly merge reports are completed, monitoring accuracy; and work with service provider on processing merges
- Prepares weekly package for data processing centre
- Other duties or projects as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-secondary education with at least 2-3 years related reception experience, including 2 years of customer service experience or the equivalent education and experience.
- Fluency in both English and French (spoken & written) would be an asset
- Exposure to database systems; ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high volume environment; experience in a not-for-profit setting would be considered an asset.
- Ability to meet the highest level of customer satisfaction through attention to detail and intuitive engagement of those we serve.
- Outstanding telephone manner, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment at all times.
- Has excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated skills in Windows programs (Word/Excel/Powerpoint and Outlook) and a knowledge of database programs. Experience working with a fundraising database would be considered an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with various timelines
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work well under pressure during high-volume periods.
- Willingness to volunteer/participate at special fundraising events.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JSHresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.