Project Manager (5 Month Contract)
Waterloo, Ontario | Temporary
Project Manager (5 Month Contract)
Our client is a Canada- based financial services company and is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. They are seeking a full-time/contract Project Manager who is highly motivated with proven organizational, planning, and time management skills with the ability to effectively organize and prioritize work strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality deliverables. The Project Manager role has direct responsibility for complete life cycle management and accountability of a project initiative(s) as assigned, ensuring compliance to the client’s policy, standards and procedures. The role has a direct reporting relationship to a Program Director and works on projects within or outside his/her Directors program group as required within a matrix management model.
- Effectively managing projects to deliver on time, on cost and according to client quality expectations
- Ensure a strong understanding of and ability to leverage the clients project management standards across the PM lifecycle
- Ensure assigned project proposals are positioned for cost/benefit analyses, business case diligence and alignment with technology, business and other appropriate strategies
- Demonstrate a firm dedication to the project Sponsors goals and objectives relative to the project
- Ensure definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success
- Develop project plans that effectively align scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risk, communication and procurement in a manner that enables highly coordinated execution and control
- Monitor appropriate risk management practices throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that change, acceptance and approval management is proactively and effectively on all projects
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are used by the project teams
- Ensure that timely communication occurs between project teams and their stakeholders Proactively escalates project issues and risks that require Sponsor, Program Management or executive attention
- Effectively and consistently managed project status reporting updates on project accomplishments against milestones
- Work effectively with onsite-offshore process and delivery teams- Creates and manages constructive relationships with Virtual Team Members, Subject Matter Experts, Sponsors, etc.
- Demonstrates interest in and accountability for personal and professional development.
- Understand Organizational culture; recognize resistance points to outsourcing and negotiate/recommend approaches to resolving conflicts etc.
- Works closely with other Enterprise Services and Business Group organizations to effectively align project resource requirements and work package leadership in support of project objectives
- Necessary Skills and experience- Overall PM experience of 5-7 years- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, Visio, Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience in Lotus Notes environment
- Demonstrated experience leading a broad range of initiatives in an IT environment such as: ITIL, Application Development/Maintenance, Shared Services, Desktop Services, SDLC projects, etc
- Undergraduate degree in Business, IT, Computer science
- PMP Certification or demonstrated similar training and experience- Highly desirable skills
- ITIL certification or similar training and demonstrated ability- Capability Maturity Model (CMM)
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: ZRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.