Project Manager (5 Month Contract)
Toronto, ON | Temporary
Project Manager (5 Month Contract)
Our client is a Canada- based financial services company and is one of the largest insurance companies in the world. They are seeking a full-time/contract Project Manager. The client is looking for Looking for a candidate that has experience managing client customization projects, has excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate factual status to stakeholders and leadership and that have relevant Insurance experience within our vertical (group benefits) Application complex nice to have is Oasis, experience with claims processing etc. The candidate must have experience working on projects with exposure to stakeholders or business partners. This role would require client relationship building, ability to partner with team members, resource manager and business Pm's to deliver the project.
- Manage all phases of small to medium sized, low to medium risk IT application projects from initiation to closure according to the standard processes defined by the clients PMOs.
- Organize information to support successful project execution and project team communication.
- Ensure the definition and approval of project scope, deliverables, desired quality and measures of success.
- Manage stakeholder relationships to ensure project delivery expectations are specified and successfully met.
- Develop and manage detailed work plans, project schedules, estimates, budgets and resource plans in conjunction with project team members and other involved business and IT teams.
- Monitor and report on project status highlighting issues and risks appropriately. And, as necessary, coordinate the development, discussion, and approval of corrective action and/or contingency plans.
- Apply a risk management process to manage project risks and issues ensuring all risks are identified and managed.
- Ensure effective and timely communication occurs within the project team and between the project team and stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools and techniques are available and used by the project team.
- Ensure that project activities and deliverables adhere to internal quality standards.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on relationship management and team building.
- Ability to confidently and effectively interact with various levels of management.
- Can effectively and concisely communicate project and technical information to provide comprehensive, concise recommendations to management.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to resolve difficult situations.
- Ability to effectively manage projects in a matrix organization.
- Ability to hold project team members and other stakeholders accountable to ensure that projects can progress according to plan.
- Can effectively analyze project expense trends and understands the impact on projected spend.
- Ability to manage the triple constraint of cost/scope/schedule on a project.
- Demonstrates a personal sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done and instills the same in the project team.
- Ability to partner with resource managers to deal fairly, firmly and promptly with performance problems.
- Ability to create project plans for complex projects with many interrelated paths.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with some ambiguity.
- University degree, college diploma or appropriate experience in lieu of.
- PMP Certification, and in good standing with PMI.
- Project management experience in the insurance industry
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: ZRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.