Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Plant Manager
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Salary: $ 110,000 salary or more depending on experience, plus potential bonuses based on performance and benefits
Our very entrepreneurial client is looking for a Plant Manager who will provide proactive leadership, direction, and professional expertise in all areas of a production plant operation. This hands-on manager will provide direction and guidance as a strong business partner within the organization. This person will also clearly define programs and policies that can drive production management to support the achievement of revenue and profit goals!
Our client is in the business of industrial, sanitation services and this is a start up since April 2017. A management background within the food packaging industry is ideal, as opposed to manufacturing. They are responsible for the logistics of washing reusable plastic packaging.
We are looking for a very proactive, high energy motivator who can influence a very fast paced, team-oriented business environment. This is an exciting new position which requires well-developed interpersonal skills to function across all levels of the organization.
This is the type of organization that asks their managers/supervisors to provide one suggestion for improvement every day and then acts on it immediately. They believe in training and promoting their employees and take pride in out-shining their competitors.
- Accept organizational direction from the parent company and effectively implement decisions and changes at a business level (Commercial, Financial, Personal, and Technical).
- Attend scheduled corporate training and meetings.
- Establish a consultative relationship with the CEO and key executives of the business unit at headquarters and other sites and geographies to ensure the latest improvements are implemented.
- Lead the short and midterm strategies of the facility by assessing the business needs, processes, and policies; develop a pro-active, responsive, and integrated human resources function that aligns practices and policies.
- Manage and coordinate daily plant operations; production schedule, maintenance program and labour force needs within company policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of the Continuous Improvement process; production, technical, maintenance, machinery, layout, labour force etc.
- Consistently review budget status and cost categories to evaluate and control costs; manage P&L.
- Select and train plant supervisor and administrative staff.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Improve management and employee communications, mediate in disputes and advise shift managers on how to implement personnel policies.
- Responsible for the product quality control for the plant, and good implementation of HACCP plans.
- Produce accurate, timely and informative reports in usable format analysis and decision making.
- Assume proactive leadership and direction of all human resources policies and programs with an ongoing emphasis on employee and labor relations, staffing and recruiting.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable international, national, state, and local regulations and laws on an optimal cost basis.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures, quality measures, and procedures are adequate.
- Ensure good client relationship.
- 5 or more years of recent Production or Plant Management experience with good knowledge of maintenance management.
- Previous experience in an industrial and/or technical environment is required.
- Strong experience with leading through multiple complex situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is a plus.
- Professional expertise in leading the development and implementation of effective programs in all key and traditional areas of human resources management, with strengths in recruitment, staffing, talent management, organizational development and labor relations is required for this position.
- Knowledge of Canadian labor laws preferred
- Experience in business environments characterized by growth and change will be of added value, including experience in an organization with reasonably significant international operations.
- Bilingualism is a plus (English/Spanish or English/French).
- Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
If you are qualified for this role and feel that it is a good fit for you, please submit your resume to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #52454
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.