Night Shift Warehouse Manager
Vaughan, ON | Direct Hire
POSITION: Night Shift Warehouse Manager
SALARY: $60K – $70K plus Profit Sharing, Pension, Benefits and 3 Weeks’ Vacation
SHIFT HOURS: Midnight to 8am, Sunday to Thursday
This position is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the night shift operations to ensure consistent high level service quality and customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for profitable, cost efficient operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures, and other regulatory guidelines.
- Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys solving problems and meeting targets?
- Do you have experience motivating and supervising warehouse employees?
- Does earning Profit Sharing based on performance levels appeal to you?
- Would you like to receive an extra 6 to 8 K ++ yearly above salary?
- Is career progression and growth important to you?
- Responsible for overseeing the day to day management of the distribution centre’s night shift.
- Manage a team of 28 + employees (both full-time and temporary) within a non-unionized environment.
- Ensures daily, that workload is distributed, sets the daily priorities and coordinates the staffing to meet the priorities and general workload.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employees’ performance.
- Works in co-operation with other shift managers to ensure shift transition is seamless (afternoon to night, night to day).
- Review current company policies and procedures and make suggestions to management for improvement.
- Communicates all directives, rules, and procedures to employees.
- Ensures the warehouse is maintained in a clean and safe manner to comply with health and safety regulations of the company and ensures safety methods, practices and programs are implemented and maintained.
- Train new and current employees on all performance standards, and items related to their job function.
- Provide leadership, direction, training and goal setting to all direct reports.
- Address all employee performance issues promptly and in accordance with company policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in an operations management role, specifically Midnight Shift.
- University (technical) degree preferred.
- PMP an asset
- 3PL background – logistic, distribution or transportation experience is ideal
- Working knowledge of Windows Office suite required.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills, and have a strong attention to detail.
- Must be well organized, be able to multitask, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comply with all safety rules in accordance with the Ontario Health and Safety Act, and company policy.
- Must be able to pass Criminal & Credit Check.
- CSA approved safety shoes required.
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job#48910
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.