Manager, Internal Audit
Toronto, ON | Direct Hire
Audit Manager (Internal Audits)
Our client, a Government agency, is looking for a Manager of Internal Audit. The successful candidate will be involved in the planning and execution of Internal Audit work related to the operational activities of the organization. If you are a critical and strategic thinker with knowledge of enterprise risk management, this may be a perfect opportunity to showcase your skills!
- Plan and execute risk based audit and advisory engagements in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Manage large scope, complex engagements as well as oversee engagements of smaller scope and complexity; includes preparing, discussing, and reviewing with clients the engagement letter, planning documents and risk assessment and developing audit work plans and audit programs.
- Develop value-added audit recommendations, write audit reports, and obtain buy-in and agreement on audit findings, ensuring that recommendations provide realistic and workable solutions to mitigate identified risks and exposures in the long term.
- Obtain management responses for audit findings for presentation to senior management.
- Follow-up, track, and report on assigned management responses from previous Internal Audit reports; stay abreast of management’s progress in addressing audit findings.
- Prepare audit and follow-up results for inclusion in Audit and Finance Committee reporting packages.
- Develop and manage senior auditors to ensure optimal performance in meeting the Audit Department’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with senior and operating management.
- Acquire and maintain a strong understanding of the organization’s policies and procedures, regulatory directives, stakeholder environment and best practices within Internal Auditing.
- Qualification in Accounting, Business, or Actuarial Science.
- Highly desirable certifications include CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CRM.
- 8+ years leading audits, including 5+ years managerial experience.
- Knowledge of COSO framework, the IPPF, and enterprise risk management concepts and practices.
- Demonstrates superior relationship management skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships with clients, colleagues and business partners.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; and a proven ability to communicate effectively with an organization’s senior leaders (Directors to VPs).
- Demonstrates business acumen and leadership skills to assist business partners in achieving improved business outcomes.
- Demonstrates initiative, strategic thinking, sound reasoning, creative problem-solving abilities and analytical skills. Results and goal oriented.
- Experience in auditing operations processes, health care claims in the insurance or health care industries is highly desirable.
- Experience in the public sector, financial institutions and/or insurance industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of IT general computer controls and frameworks including COBIT and ITIL will be considered an asset.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LJAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.