Manager, HR Benefits and Wellness
Toronto, ON | Direct Hire
Manager, HR Benefits and Wellness
Salary Up to $110,000 + 4 Weeks Holiday + Terrific Pension Plan + Outstanding Bonus + Full Benefits!
Our client, a financial leader, is seeking a Manager, HR Benefits and Wellness to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible for both the strategic and transactional aspects of Benefits and Wellness. You will work closely with both leaders and employees within the organization to deliver HR service and create policies and guidelines that influence the engagement of talent. If you are a results oriented strategic thinker who is motivated to transform and lead Benefits and Wellness initiatives, then we would like to hear from you!
- Ensure that plans, initiatives and physical space provide employees with the resources, activities, and support required to make healthy lifestyle choices
- Review and refresh benefits plans, drawing upon expertise to lead the RFP and provider selection process
- Partner with other HR team members to ensure that all new employees are set up with benefits and that all employee benefits information is accurate and up to date
- Partner with internal communications to develop and promote wellness initiatives and benefits
- Manage all aspects of Disability plans, which include Short-Term Disability, Extended Sick Leave and Long-Term Disability
- Ensure that plan documentation is up to date and that plan providers provide timely and exemplary service to employees, leaders and HR in the management of disability claims
- Work as a partner to ensure that appropriate collective bargaining agreement provisions are followed
- Track and report on the annual Benefit and Wellness budget
- Review costs and provider program quality to maintain and enhance effective programs
- Ensure that a current and compliant Health & Safety policy is in place that supports the objectives of the organization and complies with all Health & Safety policies and legislative requirements
- Ensure that HR Management is briefed on any Health & Safety incidents and on a regular basis
- Hire, develop and lead a team of specialists responsible for delivering benefit and wellness programs
- Provide feedback on an ongoing basis to develop and engage a high performing team
- Post Secondary education, preferably in Human Resources and/or a combination of equivalent training, education and experience
- 7-10 years’ in an HR services leadership role
- Experience setting up, managing and administering benefits programs, including disability management
- Proven track record of developing and implementing wellness initiatives
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with all levels of stakeholders
- Results oriented, strategic thinker, self-starter requiring minimal direction and supervision
- Comfortable with and motivated by the responsibilities for transforming and leading Benefits and Wellness initiatives
- Knowledgeable on collective bargaining agreements and all aspects of working with a partially unionized workforce
- Excellent relationship development, communication and advisory skills
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to LDCResume@bagg.com.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.