Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Logistics Coordinator
Salary: Up to $48,000 plus benefits & RRSP
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM (flexibility is required to perform work outside normal business hours)
Our client in Oakville has over forty years of experience in logistics/distribution including transportation, warehousing, and all associated information support systems. They are a third-party logistics company looking for a Logistics Coordinator who has experience in the industry to work with a friendly, upbeat team.
You will manage the daily activities of the shipping office operations, to ensure optimal execution of the daily operations plan. You must have in depth knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Transportation Management System (TMS) to attain desired productivity goals ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met as related to order fulfillment, shipment, on time receiving and customer service.
If you enjoy working in a structured environment where high quality customer service is a priority, this may be the role for you!
- Coordinates the implementation of a logistics plan to achieve desired delivery response times while paying close attention to productivity levels and the operational plan communicated daily by the Supervisor
- Responsible for organizing and prioritizing inbound loads to best meet productivity KPIs
- Appointment management and scheduling.
- Respond to customers inquiries in a timely manner
- Understand current industry market conditions and communicate any carrier issues that might impact operations with the team.
- Supply accurate and timely data to carriers and client representatives to build a strong and positive relationship with all parties
- Prepare, file and distribute accurate billing paperwork for carriers and courier drivers.
- Controls flow of work in dispatch office and tracks productivity
- Assist where necessary in implementing and training personnel on operating guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring complete and accurate data is entered our WMS and TMS
- Process/Confirm customer orders
- Managing the shipping docks
- Handle space arrangements for incoming shipments in the storage areas
- Decide for shipment deliveries, containers or LTL
- Creates/Send’s ASN
- Document and investigate issues
- Tracking of outstanding shipments by contacting suppliers and/or freight dispatchers
- Provide administrative support for CS, Inventory Analyst and Transport Group where applicable
- Communicate with in-bound carriers to support customer, transportation and operational objectives
- Communicates with custom brokers and freight forwarders to ensure on time delivery
- Offers alternative solutions to system and procedural issues that may affect productivity.
- Establish & maintain solid relationships with shipping & receiving dock coordinator, co-workers, including our drivers and office team.
- Punctual, highly reliable, and keen to learn. Logistical, strategic thinker
- Guarantees a smooth transition between shifts by organizing all available work
- 3 plus year working experience
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics is an asset
- Professional Designation (CITT or P.Log) would be an asset
- Proactive with problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality
- Ability to work overtime
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; especially in Excel
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job # #53712 View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.