Toronto, ON | Direct Hire
Salary up to $ 60K + Many Perks!
Family oriented and highly reputable legal firm in the Downtown core is currently seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to join their team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting two busy Partners within the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Business Group. The ideal candidate will offer five or more years’ experience as an Legal Assistant and will demonstrate impeccable organizational abilities.
- Managing and coordinating lawyers’ schedules, including coordinating client meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements
- Manage and create spreadsheets for client budgets and oversee key account billing administration
- Preparing, compile, serve and file court documents in accordance with the Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure and practice directions
- Dicta transcription, preparation of expense reports, docket entries, and other administrative duties as required
- Drafting and revising correspondence
- Revising, formatting and editing agreements
- College Diploma from a Legal Assistant program
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a litigation/bankruptcy & insolvency assistant capacity
- Highly proficient with various software programs including MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in an environment where discretion and confidentiality are essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Possess a confident, proactive approach to work and thrive on working within a challenging legal environment while remaining calm under pressure
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: LJAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.