Human Resources Generalist
Mississauga, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Location: Finch & 427
Salary: up to $60,000 depending on experience, plus benefits and profit sharing
Our client has been a Canadian-based manufacturer and supplier of building products for many decades. They currently have five manufacturing facilities and many sales centres across Canada which provide leading services to the North American architectural and building market.
They hire professionals who are self-directed, embrace change and bring exceptional work ethic to the job every day.
Is it in your career path to become an H.R. Manager in the next 3 to 4 years? If this is your aspiration, please see below.
The HR Generalist will support the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. A professional who is Bilingual French would bring a strong asset to the role.
- Maintain high quality HR standards in the delivery of internal HR services
- Provide day-to-day HR guidance, support and implement HR policies, procedures and programs and act as a first point of contact in employee relation matters
- Build strong business relationships with managers and establishing credibility with employees
- Maintain current and accurate job descriptions and compensation related information on HRIS
- Facilitate the recruitment and selection process for the company including assisting leaders in determine role requirements, job descriptions and sourcing strategies, coordinate job postings, job fairs, collection and screening of resumes, arrangement of venues for interviews, participation in interviews, follow through during the orientation process including new employee orientation process.
- Manage disability cases by providing advice and guidance to management and employees regarding disability management, accommodation and return to work; liaising with Disability Management Consultants, and providing monthly reporting to management
- Good knowledge of ESA, and Human Rights
- Provide other HR support in the areas of hiring, termination, benefits administration, HRIS maintenance and miscellaneous projects as needed
- Partner with and provide expert consultation to Managers regarding performance management and employee relations issues including policy infractions, investigations, and disciplinary actions
- Maintain HR records and administer the HRIS
- Support employee programs such as performance evaluations, employee engagement, employee surveys, town hall meetings, training logistics and recordkeeping
- Back up of HR Coordinator
- Payroll back up as and when required
- Maintain good housekeeping practices using the 5's + 1 principles
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience, CHRP preferred
- Bilingual French is a strong asset
- Non-union background is preferred
- Good knowledge of general HR procedures and practices including but not limited to: HRIS administration, handling of confidential or sensitive information, recruitment, employee records, and benefit administration.
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation; format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, emails, etc
- Hands-on experience with productivity applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail clients, and presentation software
- Well-developed problem solving skills with the ability to find solutions and incorporate them into existing practices as needed.
- Must be proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Self-directed, well organized, and proactive
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate on all levels in the organization
- Sitting for extensive period of time
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations
- Able to occasionally lift items as heavy as 35 lbs
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- May have minimal exposure to heat and humidity, load noise levels and dust.
- Overtime as required
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #54306.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.