Head of Finance
Markham, ON | Temporary
Location: North GTA
Duration: 1 Year
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Rate
- Championing and supporting strategic initiatives to improve business performance.
- Reduce and eliminate the manual and non-value-added work in the finance department and in the operational divisions.
- Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
- Recommend and set benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with bank and external agencies.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlook and financial forecasts.
- Prepare financial analysis.
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Liaise with external auditors for annual audits, and with government financial auditors for corporate tax audits and sales tax audits.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Responsible for supervising Accounting staff.
- CA or CPA designation.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Knowledge of SAP- FI/CO module & Cognos.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations.
- Previous work experience in a multi-cost centred environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JRIresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.