Full-Time Sommelier & Team lead Server for an elite members only club Downtown Toronto
Toronto, ON | Temporary
Bagg @ Your Service is seeking a Full-Time Server/Supervisor/Junior Sommelier for an elite members only club Downtown Toronto
- Serving food and beverages to members + guests
- Maintaining the wine cellar and their extensive wine list
- Making wine pairing recommendations to guests
- Overseeing special events and weddings
- Opening and closing duties, setup and tear down, handling cash outs
- Training new FOH hires and closing duties
- Establish and implement appropriate controls over alcohol and food safety
- Ensure employees are following all in-house procedures and protocols
- Provide reporting and working closely with the management team
- Possess a passion for hospitality with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have previous experience in a private or member club, five star restaurant service type environment and wine education
- Excellent organizational, management, leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- Smart Serve Certified
- Ability to handle conflicting deadlines and escalate issues accordingly
Pay: Will vary depending on skills and experience, 3 weeks vacation, meal plan
Location: Downtown, Toronto
Hours: evening shifts mainly (anywhere between 3pm-3am), varying hours depending on business needs - TIFF is a busy example of fluctuating hours
This is a key holder position and chosen applicants must agree to a background check.
All interested and qualified applicants please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and feel free to refer anyone you know who may be interested.
We look forward to hearing from you!
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.