Coordinator - Linguistic Services
Montreal, QC | Temporary
Our client in finance is seeking a Coordinator to support their Linguistic Services department. The ideal candidate will be able to work under very tight deadlines, constantly reassess priorities and adapt accordingly. This position deals with highly confidential matters and interacts closely with the entire linguistic team of 40 people.
Contract – to end of August 2017
Rate of Pay – $21.33 / hour
Location – Montreal, downtown
Hours of Work – 37.5 hours / week
The successful candidate will actively support three senior coordinators in managing the requests received by the team. This involves analysing requests, negotiating deadlines, ensuring all relevant information / reference material is supplied, and preparing documents for translation. The coordinator also acts as a point of contact to solve formatting problems and is responsible for some administrative duties.
- Track incoming requests and analyze the content.
- Contact clients to clarify questions, request reference material or negotiate deadlines.
- Prepare and format documents to ensure translators work is speedy and efficient.
- Manage the reference material provided by clients.
- Coordinate all translation requests sent to freelancers or translation agencies.
- Supervise the group mailboxes of the coordination team, answer emails, or forward them to the appropriate person.
- Help translators format documents.
- Responsible for some administrative duties, including billing and ordering supplies.
- Help the coordination team monitor the progress of work.
- 2-3 years of experience in a corporate setting as coordinator, administrative assistant or any other relevant position.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Able to work with less automated systems that require a lot of manual input.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe in a Windows environment.
- Fluently bilingual, written and spoken (French/English).
- Demonstrated client service focus.
- Extremely good at multitasking.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must show good judgement and autonomy.
- Must be flexible with changing priorities.
- Must be committed to high ethical standards due to handling highly confidential information.
- Experience in the translation field is a major asset.
- Knowledge of translation tools is a major asset.
- Knowledge of Oracle.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JDUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.