Business Analyst - Procurement
Oakville, ON | Direct Hire
Position: Business Analyst - Procurement
Location: Oakville, ON
Salary: $50K – $70K depending on experience + Benefits
Our client has been in the service industry for twenty years, with a distinctive client base. They are privately owned and growing rapidly. They are adding to the team by hiring a Business Analyst with some focus on Procurement. This is a brand-new role!
The Procurement Analyst, under the supervision of the Director of Business Intelligence, will be responsible to oversee the analysis, development, implementation, audit, and on-going support of logistical and technology based solutions. This position will analyse complex supply-chain requirements established by clients and internal stakeholders, and develop appropriate solutions and recommendations.
If you have a background in Transportation/3PL and an analytical mindset, this will be an exciting and challenging position. With a clear understanding of analytics, coupled with knowledge of the flow of logistics and distribution, this would be a really rewarding career for the right candidate.
Our client hires and promotes candidates who are self-starters, highly motivated, take initiative, have a willingness to help and put in the time needed to meet project deadlines.
- Attention to Detail - Pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of workload.
- Adept in creating Excel and Access based analysis
- Problem Solving - Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and determine cause and effect. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Project Management - Accurately estimates duration and level of difficulty of tasks and projects. Sets goals, objectives, and work plans to complete tasks and projects.
- Adaptability - Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and requirements.
- Communication – Able to articulate deliverables with consistency and clarity.
- Organization - Able to create or maintain processes to ensure all relevant information or tools are easily accessible.
- Ownership - Takes pride in the work that is accomplished, and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Results Orientation - Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means they are achieved.
- Time Management - Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Evaluate existing supply-chain structure and recommend improvements to better suit client requirements (Budgetary, Logistical, Operational)
- Analyse complex business requirements presented by stakeholders and develop appropriate solutions
- Develop tool/analytical based solutions to overcome company and client challenges as required
- Evaluate vendor requests for price increase, consider performance, market conditions and margin objectives, create a strong knowledge base from which to negotiate
- Coordinate global organizational buying power where applicable
- Assist in the development of data driven predictive models to assist with the evaluation of potential business decisions and opportunities
- Act as an consultative resource to customers and internal stakeholders on industry conditions
- Seek out and develop relationships with regional providers who excel in their geographic or product niche
- Work with system administration to develop EDI based reporting solutions
- Evaluate current carrier performance. Create carrier metrics and an annual review process. Work with carriers to improve service levels to our clients.
- Review schedule requisitions, cargo, running times, distances and other pertinent information to establish schedule parameters
- Evaluate customer RFP opportunities and build appropriate value-added solutions and pricing
- Review and implement service level agreements with providers
- Act as a resource on business risk management and program exposure
- Evaluate all aspects of business and processes to identify opportunities to drive profitability and improve efficiency
- Tariff management
- Escalation support for systemic issues
- Degree in Logistics, Supply-Chain or a related field
- 3+ years of related experience in the transportation industry
- Proficiency in database applications and administration systems
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain database-driven content management systems
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Highly developed understanding of transportation industry regulations, standards, and best practices
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications, particularly Excel and Access
- Extended periods of sitting
- Interaction with clients, internal stakeholders
- Interaction with employees, management
- Working in an office environment
- Flexible hours including weekends, and holidays as needed on a project basis
- Occasional overtime as needed
Click 'Apply Online' or send your resume by email to MACresume@bagg.com quoting job #50120
View all our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process