Business Analyst (6 Month Contract)
Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Business Analyst (6 Month Contract)
Schedule Hours: 8-4 or 9-5 flexible
Our client is a Canada- based financial services company and they are seeking a full-time/contract Business Analyst. The Global Wholesale & Wealth Technology (GWWT) group is seeking a seasoned Business Analyst to perform research, analysis and design leading to the definition of requirements and processes to assist in the resolution of complex business problems in support of Merlin (a centralized messaging and data hub supporting GBM/GT) and other general ledger, regulatory reporting systems. The incumbent is also responsible for leading or participating in the testing of new systems or enhancements, the training of users, and providing ongoing support to all supported units worldwide.
- Assist the Senior Manager/Project Manager in resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the needs of the supported Line of Business, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Lead or participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Provide business support to all global units, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that management is kept informed and that problems and issues are escalated appropriately.
- .Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
- Provide active support during various testing cycles. 6. Production Support: Analyse, investigate and resolve production issues independently. 7. Provide second line support both during business hours and off business hours
Must Have Skills:
- Degrees or certifications: Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Business Analysis (5+ years experience with requirement specification document writing)
- Capital Markets (3-5+ years recent experience with a focus on Regulatory Reporting)
- XML Messages (5+ years experience)
- Data Mapping (5+ years experience)
- IT systems & SDLC (5+ years with IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools)
- Nice-To-Have Skills: 1. Java Knowledge and Agile Methodology
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: ZRAresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.