Toronto, ON | Temporary
Our client, a professional regulatory body, is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team for a 3-month contract (with the potential to extend). The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to various committees. This position requires the ability to manage diverse and sometimes complex tasks with discretion, accuracy and speed. If you are a detail oriented self-starter with a “can do” attitude this may be the position for you!
- Coordinating all aspects of hearing preparation including posting notice of all hearing dates on the website, room bookings, room set-up, catering requirements, court reporter bookings, seating plans, scripts and distribution of materials
- Facilitating aspects of the drafting and finalization process of tribunal decisions and orders, and of reasons for decisions, and for the service of same upon the member, student or firm that is the subject of the proceeding
- Coordinating post-hearing requirements including publication of disciplinary notices, preparation of reporting to Council, updating the hearings list and disciplinary case summaries posted on the company’s website and Quicklaw, and retaining and destroying hearing documents in accordance with the Retention Policy
- Processing external requests for member and student information
- Managing Accounts Payable including preparation of monthly accruals and variances
- Providing administrative support, including ordering of supplies, distribution of mail, setting meetings, preparing materials, filing, and creating routine documents
- Responsible for the application of procedures and assist with development
- Responsible for the application of regulations, bylaws, policies/strategies
- Legal assistant, Law clerk diploma or other relevant post-secondary education
- At least three years of professional regulatory or relevant administrative experience
- Knowledge of administrative tribunal or court procedures and requirements
- Familiarity with reading and comprehending legislation and other governing documents
- Computer literate with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word: Tracking, Mail Merge, Tables, Hyperlinking; Excel: Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Macros) and Acrobat Pro (Protections, Document Manipulation, Document Security, Bookmarks)
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior attention to accuracy and detail
- Must be comfortable and strong when dealing with numbers (budgets, invoices, accruals, etc.)
- Energetic self-starter with a proven ability to manage time, determine priorities and organize and carry out assignments effectively;
- Ability to appreciate the confidential nature of above listed functions;
- Ability to handle a variety of duties and responsibilities simultaneously. Able to determine priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with people in a professional manner.
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Able to act on own initiative, within the scope of the position’s responsibilities, using good judgment and discretion.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JRIresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.