Toronto, ON | Temporary
Our client is seeking a seasoned and enthusiastic an Accounting Assistant to provide a range of support services to senior management. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Finance, and will provide a wide range of administrative support services to the Finance team in support of the day-to-day operations.
- Working with a small administrative team to ensure the efficient and effective execution of clerical functions
- Arranging for payments of invoices and honorariums, tracking expenditures and liaising with other administrative staff and internal departments, as required;
- Issuing and processing procurement documentation and tracking;
- Coordinating and scheduling large meetings/events involving internal and external stakeholders, including set-up/tear-down of room, preparing agenda and meeting materials; recording/transcribing/distributing high quality meeting minutes;
- Inventory and General Ledger reconciliation
- Opening and distributing mail, maintaining confidential records and files;
- Preparing and editing correspondence and reports;
- Conducting research to inform administrative decision making.
- Completion of a 2- or 3-year Community College Program in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Enrolled in an Accounting Designation Program (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative and/or accounting support role including schedule management, correspondence and financial software and/or working within a computerized accounting environment, with reconciliation and budgeting processes experience.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software and standard office equipment, and demonstrated knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures such as filing, record keeping systems, etc.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required to develop and prepare accurate and meaningful reports for use by management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively within a matrix reporting environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of database applications, with the ability to quickly and accurately enter source data into a computer terminal.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JSHresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.