AML Compliance Officer
Toronto, Ontario | Temporary
Our client in finance is seeking an AML Compliance Officer for an immediate start.
Contract – to September 2017 (possibility of extension / permanent employment)
Rate of Pay – $18 / hour
Location – Toronto, financial district
Hours of Work – 37.5 hours / week
**Please note that Enhanced Reliability Clearance is a required qualification of this role**
Reporting to the Manager of Regulatory Compliance, the AML Compliance Officer will assist the regulatory compliance efforts of the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF) Program.
- Conducting provincial and federal Corporate Searches as requested by the various Business Units, within the service level agreements to ensure the active existence of a client that is a corporation and to ascertain the ultimate beneficial ownership;
- Assigning daily disbursement alerts to the Analyst team for review;
- Assisting with the ongoing maintenance of the Corporate Search Business Process Document;
- Reviewing and closing basic daily address change, name change alerts and list matching alerts with accuracy and attention to detail to ensure regulatory requirements and internal standards are met;
- Participating in various AML/ATF initiatives and tasks as required.
- MUST have Enhanced Reliability Clearance
- A minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in regulatory compliance or governance, risk and controls in the financial services industry.
- Interest in AML / ATF regulation;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Works well in a team;
- Research skills;
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet/web navigation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- University degree preferred within related field;
- Bilingual (English/Chinese);
- Prior experience with transaction monitoring or administrative record-keeping systems;
- Understanding of AML/ATF regulatory requirements.
To apply, please click Apply Online or submit your resume by email to: JDUresume@bagg.com
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.